“Previously, technology could not provide the results we and our patients deserve. Today technology is ready. The dream has come true!” — Dr. Christian Coachman, Founder of DSD
DSD is an advance in dentistry that allows our patients to see their new smile before dental treatment even begins! We are providing quality care or delivering excellent service in Digital Smile Design by using up-to-date or modern technology. This technology has helped to revolutionise our patient care.
By choosing to invest in DSD, we believe we offer our patients the ability to see and choose the smile they have always desired.
This exciting, and new or novel approach, technology allows us to work in unison with our patients and deliver potentially life-changing outcomes.
Digital Smile Design is an new or novel approach new dental technique that uses up-to-date or modern technology and digital diagnostic software. Digital Smile Design allows our dentists to create a digital 3D-model of your teeth, face and jaw. Our dentists are then able to create a customized or individualized treatment plan plan tailored for your individual needs.
As part of this process, our patients can digitally preview their end-result smile before treatment starts to ensure they are happy moving forward.
At practice name we understand how the look of your teeth can affect self-esteem. Changing your smile can also have a direct impact on your body’s health and wellbeing. You may also nervous about the results of dental treatment not being what you wanted.
Uncertainty can be disconcerting.
DSD can help alleviate some of these concerns. Using the latest advancement in DSD technology, you’ll be able to preview your smile before having dental treatment.
If you have concerns about the colour of your teeth, missing, cracked or chipped teeth, a gummy smile or simply wanting straighter teeth, you can now have a clearer idea of what your teeth could look like before committing to dental treatment.
Digital Smile Design allows for multiple treatment types to be combined to achieve your desired smile.
This includes veneers, crowns, Invisalign, implants and tooth whitening.
The treatment(s) required to get the smile you want will be discussed between you and our dentists.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN CONSULTATION?
Here is what you can expect during a Digital Smile Design consultation
- Step 1: our dentist will chat with you in detail about your desired smile and discuss any current concerns you may have. During this conversation, it is important you give our dentist as much detail about what you are looking for. This is so our dentist can build the right treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Step 2: during this initial DSD consultation, our dentist will analyse your face, features and dental characteristics. Your teeth will be scanned with an intraoral 3D scanner, and photos and videos taken of your teeth. quality dental x-rays or quality imaging may be taken if required.
- Step 3: these scans and images are then uploaded onto a computer for our dentist to build a 3D view of your mouth. This allows them to plan various treatment solutions using up-to-date or modern DSD software which considers your unique facial and dental proportions.
- Step 4: using the software, our dentist can prepare a 3D copy of your desired smile to ‘try on’. This will give you a preview of how your smile will look once treatment is completed. This is such a helpful tool, as it will give you a better idea of the results you will achieve. Your new smile is designed to be in harmony with your teeth, gums, lips and your facial features when you move and show emotion, which means your teeth won’t look ‘fake’ or unusual on your face.
- Step 5: we will walk you through your treatment plan, including a full breakdown of costs, and the number of visits you will require. Once you are happy to move forward, we will book your appointments to start you on your smile journey.